59-3101: The executive and plenary sessions will be held in conference room 59-3101, located in building 59, room 3101. The breakout sessions will be held in the same building, in conference rooms 3101, 3104, 3054 (map of third floor), and 4102 (map of fourth floor). Please note that as the main entrance to this building is on the third floor, when you enter the building, the main conference room will be situated directly in front of you.
For a directional map to building 59 by car (from the main gate to building 59) or on foot (from the Guest House to building 59), please click “here”
For a more detailed and comprehensive LBNL visitor information, please click “here” for the LBNL visitor information webpage.
Food Service Schedule:
Monday, 29 Oct:
Morning refreshments: for the review committee, observers & speakers at 7:30 am
Box Lunches: for the review committee, observers & speakers at 12:30 pm
Afternoon refreshments: for the review committee, & speakers at 3:45 pm
Tuesday, 30 Oct:
Morning refreshments: for review committee, & speakers at 7:30am
Box Lunches: for the review committee, observers & speakers at 12:00pm
Afternoon refreshments: for the review committee at 3:00pm
Wednesday, 31 Oct:
Morning refreshments: for review committee at 7:30am
Box Lunches: for the review committee at 12:00pm
AM/PM refreshments & lunch service will be provided in the lobby area in front the main conference room 59-3101
If you are staying at the Berkeley Lab Guest House , the Guest House has submitted your names to the lab security so that you’ll be able to enter the lab by showing your photo ID at the gate. Please let them know that you are staying at the Guest House. If you are not staying at the Guest House, please let them know that you are attending the Director’s Review. We have submitted your names to our gate security, so that you’ll be able to enter the lab by showing your valid photo ID.
- For those staying at the Guest House, complimentary parking is available in the “Z” lot directly across from the entrance to the Guest House. Designated Guest House spaces face the bay and are identified by a blue sign. Please see the Front Desk for a parking permit and place it on the dashboard of your vehicle. If for any reason you should have difficulty locating a space, notify the Front Desk and they will be able to assist you.
- For those not staying at the Guest House or prefer to park closer to the review venue, the closest parking lot to 59-3101 is parking lot G3 located in front of building 59. The other nearby parking lot options for your consideration are G2 located under building 50F, H2 located in front of building 70A,or K1 located in front of the lab cafeteria (building 54) . For a map of all lab parking lots, please click “here“.
Free Lab Shuttle Bus
If you plan on using the LBNL shuttle bus from offsite, you will be requested to show the driver a shuttle bus pass and your photo ID. If you are staying at the LBNL Guest House, you will be sent a shuttle bus pass 4 days prior to arrival. However, if you are not staying at the Guest House, please be sure to request a shuttle bus pass from Tami Blackwell: tablackwell@ lbl.gov.
The shuttles run Monday through Friday, 6:20am-7:16pm, every 12 minutes and less frequently until 9:28pm (the last bus does not go all the way to the Guest House). When getting on the shuttle bus from outside the lab, please show your printed shuttle bus pass or a Guest House confirmation to the shuttle bus driver along with your photo ID. For the shuttle bus schedule, please click “here“.
Transportation from SFO/OAK to LBNL
From SFO to LBNL: You can either take BART, Taxi, or Shared Ride Vans.
- BART: Arriving in SFO, after exiting the security area, if you flew domestic, take the free AirTrain which is over the parking garage in the center of the hub of the terminal spokes. Take either the AirTrain blue or red line to International Terminal G/BART station. If you flew international, walk to the BART station. Take the Pittsburgh/BayPoint train to the 19th St. Oakland station. Get off that train and take the Richmond train to the Downtown Berkeley station. Then, either take a taxi or the lab shuttle bus to the lab. It is a little under a mile to the lab.
- Taxi’s: Taxi’s are found just outside of the arrivals baggage claim level (lower). From SFO to LBNL, the usual charge is $80-$90, and will take 40-60 minutes depending on the traffic.
- Shared Ride Vans: Found on the departures level (upper). The rate is $36-$37 for the first person, and $10 each additional person. Reservations are not needed. There are several van companies, but Bayporter express (877-467-1800) is the most used by the lab visitors. They are familiar with the lab, and will drop you off and pick you up at the Berkeley Lab Guest House. Another shuttle van sometimes used is the Super Shuttle (800-258-3826).
Transportation from OAK to LBNL: You can either take a taxi, van or BART, but a taxi or a van is usually the most convenient.
- Taxi: From OAK to LBNL, taxi is the most convenient. The cost is $40-$50. 30-45 minutes. 4 passenger maximum.
- Airport shuttle: If you plan to use the airport shuttle, Bayporter Express is recommended. It is familiar with the lab, and will drop you off and pick you up at the Berkeley Lab Guest House. $27 first passenger and $10 for each additional.
- BART: From OAK, it may be easier to take a taxi or airport shuttle, but there is also a bus (AirBART) that can take you to a nearby BART station. Take the Richmond bound BART train to Downtown Berkeley. Upon exiting the Berkeley BART station, take either a taxi or the lab shuttle bus to LBNL.